Pages

Friday 24 July 2015

Elegant Design

I'm currently sporting shorter locks thanks to a haircut. Even though I was reluctant (to the point of tears) it was much needed so I could have some body and dimension back into my hair and it could hold the wave better. I had completely forgotten I had ordered this top and then one day it just showed up in the mail and I could not have been happier. It's always a nice surprise to receive something in the mail (that's not bills to pay) especially when it's something you had completely forgotten about.  


As soon as I pulled this top out of its packing I was instantly in love! It's a lightweight chiffon material cut in a babydoll style with this really cool and intricate paisley design all over. It's oversized and effortless and I feel like I can pair this with any sort of bottoms. It's super flowy and makes me want to just get up and dance and twirl around. I'm a lover of flares anywhere I can get them and the sleeves on this are just perfect because they're super billowy and have a bell-like quality to them. I want to wear this top everyday! I paired it with some white denim shorts, a little change from the usual blue. I think theres something so fresh and cool about white denim, something unexpected, and not to mention they practically scream s-u-m-m-e-r. 


I feel like I'm all about the hats lately. I got this concho boater recently and I've already worn it twice (now a third)! The crystals in the middle of the conchos are so cool because they change colour in accordance to the light! I feel like this hat adds a little southwestern vibe to any outfit too, something I'm all about! To keep with the crystal theme I piled on two of my favourite crystal necklaces as well as my Egyptian Ankh one.  





I'm currently wishing I was attending Splendour in the Grass this year. It seems as if every year the lineup is great, with this years including some of my all time fav's: Tame Impala, POND and The Babe Rainbow. And the little market booths that they set up with Australian labels and designers seem so cool, even including Spell and the Gypsy Collective. I know one day I'll be able to make the trek onto the other side of the world and experience Splendour in all it's blissful splendour. But for now I'll live vicariously through the exceeding amount of Australian clothing brands, bloggers, and bands I follow on Instagram and pretend I'm there! 

Have a great weekend everyone and soak up that summer sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment