Pages

Monday 20 July 2015

Reality In Motion

Calling all pilgrims! I feel like a total pilgrim in this get-up. I think it's the long-sleeved, semi-high neckline + hat combo that's totally giving off that vibe... Regardless I love it! I scooped up this cute lil dress before work one day when I was having a browse around the shops. Something about it struck me, I think it might've been the babydoll silhouette and the beautiful repeated patterning throughout and the fact that it's long sleeved and would actually be practical in the fall and winter months. Or that's what I tell myself at least until the temperatures go down to the negative forties and fleece lined tights under jeans are a necessity.    



I'm totally into the sunglasses + hat combo too. There's nothing like a giant pair of round sunnies that encompass your entire face, I feel like a total bug. I'm channeling some hardcore Janis vibes again. That woman could dress like no other. 







I'm realizing more and more that life's about the fun moments and that the fun moments are the important ones. Those are the moments that you remember when you're old and wrinkly and sitting on a porch, recounting stories of your youth to your grandkids. The fun moments aren't always the perfectly planned ones either, they're the ones where things stray from the plan and shit happens. It's important to laugh and be in good company, because if you aren't you're doing yourself a huge injustice. Lately I've also been feeling that it's really important to seize the moment (carpe diem, if you will) and take a leap of faith, try something new even if you're scared or worried or anxious, because you never know what might come of it. Regardless of the outcome however, it'll be a definite learning experience. Life and reality are in a constant state of motion and because of this you must move with them too or else they'll just pass you by.    

Blurry pictures because life is too short not to publicly share the moments when you were laughing your head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment