Pages

Friday 17 July 2015

Psychic Chasms

So all of the summer sales are happening right now so of course I had a browse around the shops and of course I made a sneaky little online purchase. Zara is having their "everything is $39.99" sale and some things I'd been lusting after went on super sale so I had to snatch them up before they were gone forever. I finally got my hands on this amazing floral velvet fringe kimono. This thing totally screams summer of love and I feel like I'm letting my inner Janis out or like I should be a fortune teller, enclosed in a booth at one of those traveling fairs. All I need is a crystal ball so I can gaze into the future or a tarot deck to read your cards. I love the way the fringe sways in the wind as I walk and when I raise my hands to the heavens it feels like a total sleeve party. 


To let the kimono do the talking I decided to keep the rest of the outfit pretty simple, a black slouchy tee messy tucked into some high-waisted denim cut offs. Some rings piled high, oversized sunnies and my signature black ankle boots and I'm good to go. Also, this necklace, making its appearance on the blog yet again... I'm sure it's total overkill at this point and everyone (in real life) is probably sick of me wearing it but I love it! I find it's the piece I always gravitate toward when I have to make an outfit sing and give it its own little musical soundtrack accompaniment, it's totally perfect! I can't promise you won't ever see it again, only that you'll probably see it more.  





Now let's throw it back to 2009 when I was first discovering music of the "indie" variety. I stumbled across this little band called Neon Indian. Not going to lie, what struck me at first was the name of the band, (super cool right?) and it instantly painted this image in my head, one filled with bright colours and that was all cool. Then I found the album Psychic Chasms. It's filled with electronic beats and vivid abstract colours, as the album artwork would suggest, making this album feel like a total trip (and not to make mention to songs entitled, "Should Have Taken Acid With You" and "Laughing Gas" haha). I recently started listening to it again and I fell re-in-love with it. Apparently they're set to release a new album this year with the dropping of their single, "Annie" so I'm excited to hear what that album has in store. But if I had to say, I feel as if this is Neon Indian at its finest, in all its messy experimental psychedelic glory.  


Local Joke by Neon Indian

No comments:

Post a Comment