Pages

Friday 21 August 2015

A Day In The Woods

I recently spent a Sunday up north in the woods. I actually love the outdoors, and especially like to spend some time to recharge away from everything in times of stress. Working a couple times a week, writing weekly for an internship, being in summer school, writing and taking pictures for this blog and still managing to do a ton of fun things in between isn't always easy to balance, but I've managed these past four months and I'm proud of myself! I also, haven't compromised myself in any way, I've managed to do it all.    




Spending some time in the outdoors was great. Everything about nature is beautiful. The way the sun peeks out through the branches of the trees. The many sounds of birds calling to one another. The light wind that's brought about from the nearby waves of the lake. It'd be a dream to spend a week in a little cabin in the woods, secluded from everything and everyone, with no cellphone service or wifi to check your emails or various social media pages, completely unplugged. The company of others and nature would be enough to stimulate the over stimulated mind. Over all it was a beautiful Sunday, and I'm in hopes that many more of that caliber can be had in the near future.  












Of course s'mores were made by an open fire. I'm the queen of this delicious treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment