Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Bohemia

Summer's coming to a close but the temperatures want to stay and I'm cool with that because I get to sport more of my summer wardrobe. I opted for the classic maxi skirt and crop top combo but turned the knobs all the way up to the highest notch of bohemia. And it's all in the accessories. But... before I get to that, let's discuss the foundation pieces that make up this outfit since you gotta start somewhere.  


I'm currently on that blue and white kick and clearly taking cues from yesterday's jumpsuit outfit post. Something about blue and white is so fresh and crisp. The colours not only remind me of Santorini but also of the beach, the hues of blue from the water and the grainy white sand. I also love the button detailing all the way down the front of the skirt. It totally gives this skirt a definite vintage 70's vibe that of course, I'm totally digging. The white crop top was obviously a no brainer.  




Now let's move onto the fun stuff, the accessories. I piled on the jewels. I went for my favourite statement necklace, the gold one with the jangly coins, that's been featured a many a times on this blog. As for my arms, I was having a party and decided to go to town because life's too short to not drown in jewels and adorn your body with all things pretty. I got some different coloured beaded coin bracelets, a gold cuff, some basic gold bangles, a charm bracelet with some cool charms and some embroidered patterned bracelets I got from Mexico. Some of the bangles were a bit too big for my wrists, as they kept slipping out every time I put my arm down. But I decided that they shouldn't go to waste and I slid them a little higher up until they created a makeshift arm band. I felt like this was a totally ingenious idea and a good way to make use of a bracelet that might be too big for the wrists. I went for my usual cluster of rings and a turquoise beaded ankle bracelet (unfortunately not pictured, as it got lost amongst the layers of maxi fabric) that I also picked up in Mexico.   



No comments:

Post a Comment