Pages

Saturday 8 August 2015

Pastel & Ethereal

Sporting one of my favourite looks on this blog to date is this pastel number. This outfit screams, ethereal-summer-fairytale-princess to me. From the drape-y-ness of it, to the floral pattern on the kimono, to the muted pastel colour palette, everything about it makes me feel utterly ethereal. There's also something that is so romantic about the combination of florals and pastels, something that transports me back to a time that includes knights in shining armour and maidens with long flowing hair. 



To offset the pastels I went for one of my favourite brown fringe bucket bags that I got whilst vacationing in NYC one summer. I love the coloured, red and blue beading on it and feather detailing on the side. To make the bag more my own, I tied an old dream catcher necklace I had to it that I purchased from a Native American street vendor and I think it adds a little something to the bag. I love adorning items with little trinkets and pins or anything that will make it quintessentially my own, while still holding personal meaning and value. Personal style is all about making things your own and staying true to who you are as a person and in essence it should reflect your inner spirit. So don't be afraid to be who you are and showcase what you like through what you wear. Trends come and go but your style is forever! So live and let live! 




No comments:

Post a Comment