Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Beach Bum

I felt like I was totally beach bummin' it in Mexico. And I was in and by the ocean so much I think I transformed into a mermaid. This was one of the outfits I wore whilst I did a little shopping and then headed to the beach afterwards. I'm in love with this off the shoulder top! I think it's one of my favourite tops I own! The off the shoulder trend is so hot right now and rightfully so. I think some collarbone and shoulder action is always super flattering, feminine and pretty! I love the laser cut out detailing throughout the top and how flowy and flouncy it is. 


What better way to ring in a summer vacation than with a pair of white shorts. You can honestly pair any top with a pair of white shorts and have it instantaneously give off the ultimate summer vibe! But I also love white shorts for so many reasons, they're fresh, clean and crisp and brightening up any outfit and I think they're super beach appropriate! I like my shorts high-waisted and distressed and this pair fits that quota. The button fly was a nice touch and gives them a more vintage flair.


If I don't accessorize to the point of insanity I honestly feel naked and like a part of my being has gone missing. So I went out on all fronts - bracelets, rings and a statement necklace! I even tied this little piece of black suede I got one year at a festival that has feathers on either end of it to my wrist, creating a makeshift bracelet! 



Being that close to the beach on a daily basis was invigorating. Feeling the wind in my hair and waves crashing on my toes as I walked along the shore gave me life and totally re-energized my body, creating the ultimate paradise within myself. Sometimes it's good to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life and escape to a place that is so unlike what you are familiar with, some place practically unknown, some place that seemed as if it could have only been created within the wildest corners of your imagination. It made me feel totally free!  


No comments:

Post a Comment