Pages

Wednesday 2 September 2015

The Cosmic Microwave Background

I love this outfit so much I've worn a variation of it one other time aside from this already! Everything about it is easy breezy and no fuss, from the denim cut offs to the oversized button-up. I got this top for my birthday when I was browsing around at Free People. As soon as I saw it I knew it needed to be mine and it was on sale too! I thought this top could be styled so many different ways and would be great for the summer months, with a pair of shorts, like how I've styled here, but also once the colder temperatures began to set in, with high-waisted denim and a faux fur vest. The sleeves were a little long for me, but that's nothing a good cuffing job can't fix.



Hats have totally become my go-to this summer... I can't seem to get enough! I almost want to wear a hat with every outfit I put on at this point! I feel like they just complete any look giving it some added interest and style. I went for my usual pile of accessories and adornment, adding my flea market necklace to the mix. And of course, no outfit of mine would be complete without a pair of ankle boots. When I wear these particular ones I feel as if they make my legs look longer, and heck yeah at 5'2 I'm all about that! Even if it is just some misconstrued illusion.



I've been heavily feeling my Australian's again and listening to the lovely Shiny Joe Ryan & The Cosmic Microwave Background. This is Shiny Joe's little solo project when he isn't jamming with POND or touring with Tame as their roadie, sporting a lab coat and having the best hair in the game. The entire album is a complete gem filled with so many great jams and cosmic waves of sound. One of my favourite songs from the album is "Hold On For The Ride", and it's no surprise with the inclusion of the sitar throughout. The song makes you feel like you're on an actual ride, whilst Ryan's vocals wave in and out throughout the entirety of the track.   

Hold On For The Ride by Shiny Joe Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment